140.6 mile full ★ half ★ olympic ★ relay ★ aquabike ★ duathlon ★ swim only
This service and bags will only be available to the Full Distance Athletes, including the Full Distance Relays, Full Aquabikes, and Full Duathlon.
Yes we will have separate Male and Female changing tents available in transition for the Full Distance Athletes.
You must turn in all bags prior to 6:30 am on race morning.
Each Full Distance Athlete will be provided with five bags at Packet Pick-up for race day:
- Dry Clothes Bag
- Swim to Bike Transition
- Bike to Run Transition
- Special Needs Bike
- Special Needs Run
Yes, loose gear will be not allowed in the transition area on the ground next to the bikes of the Full Distance Athletes. You will be provided a bag for all of your transition needs. Transition Bag check-in is located in transition right outside of the changing tents. You will be required to hang your transition bags at the pre-assigned location which will be identified by your bib number. You must have your bags placed by 6:30 am on race morning.
Bike and Run Special Needs bags will need to be dropped off Sunday morning at the designated drop off location. This area will be clearly marked and located just inside transition. MiTi Staff will transport these bags to the special needs stations which will be located near the midpoint of the bike and the halfway point on the run.
We will make an effort to return these bags to you; however, we are not responsible for items not returned. DO NOT place anything of value in your special needs bag. Special Needs bags can be retrieved on Sunday until midnight. The Bike Special Needs bags will be brought back to transition for pickup by 5:30 pm. The Run Special Needs bags can be picked up at the First Aid Station until Midnight. If bags are not picked up by Midnight of Race Day, the bags will be discarded. We will be responsible for bags left at the race site and all items will be discarded.
For Your Swim to Bike Bag:
- Bike Shoes
- Bike Helmet- must be CPSC certified
- Bike Socks
- Bike Sun Glasses
- Bike Clothing (if not wearing it on the swim)
- Bike Nutrition (it is best to bring the nutrition you plan to use on the bike with you in the morning instead of placing it on your bike the night prior to the race because of potential weather issues.)
For Your Bike to Run Bags:
- Run Shoes
- Run hat or visor
- Race Belt with Bib number already attached.
- Clean Glasses if you prefer
- Change of Clothes
- Reflective Gear if you anticipate needing it
Bike Special Needs Bag:
- Extra Sun Block
- Body Glide or Chaffing Ointment
- Extra Nutrition in case you drop something
- Extra tire or tube
Run Special Needs Bag:
- Extra socks in case of rain
- Long Sleeve shirt if you think you are going to be running after dark.
- Reflective gear and a headlamp if you will be running after sunset.
- Think back to your training, if you ever stopped at a gas station during a long run. What did you need (Extra water? Salty snack? Sweet snack?)
For more information about competing in Michigan Titanium please contact us here. 2021 Registration will open later this Fall.