140.6 mile full ★ half ★ olympic ★ relay ★ aquabike ★ duathlon ★ swim only
Bike racks will be assigned by Bib Number.
Yes, there will be a bike drop-off on Saturday, August 15. While this bike drop-off is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Bikes will not be allowed on the shuttles on race day. Charlesbrook Security will provide overnight trained security for athlete bikes.
Yes, security personnel will be posted at all entrances into transition. No spectators will be allowed into transition and all athletes race and bike numbers will be checked ensure security of equipment.
The Full Distance will be a mass start and the Half & Olympic Distances will be wave starts depending on the number of participants.
The race is a water start.
Versluis Lake is a deep, spring-fed body of water. The water temperature is typically in the mid to upper 70’s in late August.
- 2016 Race Day Water Temp – 77 degrees
- 2017 Race Day Water Temp – 76 degrees
- 2018 Race Day Water Temp – 78 degrees
- 2019 Race Day Water Temp – 76 degrees
- All wetsuits must be 5mm or less in thickness
- Wetsuits are permitted if the water temperature is up to (and including) 78 degrees Fahrenheit or colder.
- Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperatures greater than 83.9 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures between 78.1 degrees Fahrenheit and 84 degrees Fahrenheit will not be eligible for awards.
You can rent a wetsuit for $30.00 (on average) at our exclusive wetsuit rental partner, Striders.
We recommend you renting the wetsuit at least one week before the race, so you are able to give it a test drive, and get used to the feel swimming in it.
There will be aid stations along the bike course offering:
- Gatorade Bottles
- Water Bottles
There will be aid stations approximately every mile on the run course offering:
- Pickle Juice
- Cool Sponges
- Swim: 9:45 am
- Bike Turnaround: 1:30 pm
- Bike Course: 5:30 pm
- Run Turnaround: 10:30 pm
- Run: Midnight
*These are the cut-off times for both Full and Half Distances.
For more information about competing in Michigan Titanium please contact us here. 2021 Registration will open later this Fall.