Ultra, Half, Olympic & Sprint Distances ★ Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, Relay, Swim-Only Events
Course & Venue FAQ
Where can I find maps of the race courses?
Swim, bike, run, finish line, and transition course maps are available on the maps page of the site.
Are bike racks in transition pre-assigned or first come, first serve?
Bike racks will be assigned by Bib Number.
Do I need to drop off my bike the day before the Race?
Yes, there will be a bike drop-off on Saturday, August 13. While this bike drop-off is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Bikes will not be allowed on the shuttles on race day. Charlesbrook Security will provide overnight trained security for athlete bikes.
Will there be security in the transition area?
Yes, security personnel will be posted at all entrances into transition. No spectators will be allowed into transition and all athletes race and bike numbers will be checked ensure security of equipment.
How is the swim start handled?
Our swim start is a time trial rolling start.
Are we starting in the water or is it a beach start?
The rolling start will begin with athletes in multiple lines corralled on the beach.
What is the expected water temperature on race day?
Versluis Lake is a deep, spring-fed body of water. The water temperature is typically in the mid to upper 70’s in late August.
- 2016 Race Day Water Temp – 77 degrees
- 2017 Race Day Water Temp – 76 degrees
- 2018 Race Day Water Temp – 78 degrees
- 2019 Race Day Water Temp – 76 degrees
- 2021 Race Day Water Temp – 79 degrees
What are the wetsuit restrictions?
- All wetsuits must be 5mm or less in thickness
- Wetsuits are permitted if the water temperature is up to (and including) 78 degrees Fahrenheit or colder.
- Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperatures greater than 83.9 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures between 78.1 degrees Fahrenheit and 84 degrees Fahrenheit will not be eligible for awards.
If the water is wetsuit legal where can we rent wetsuits?
You can rent a wetsuit for $30.00 (on average) at our exclusive wetsuit rental partner, Striders.
We recommend you renting the wetsuit at least one week before the race, so you are able to give it a test drive, and get used to the feel swimming in it.
What nutrition will be available on course?
There will be aid stations along the bike course offering:
- Gatorade Endurance Bottles
- Water Bottles
There will be aid stations approximately every mile on the run course offering:
- Gatorade Endurance
- Pickle Juice
- Cool Sponges
What are the courses cut off times?
- Swim: 9:45 am
- Bike Turnaround: 1:30 pm
- Bike Course: 5:30 pm
- Run Turnaround: 10:30 pm
- Run: Midnight
*These are the cut-off times for apply to all distances.
How will bad weather or other emergencies affect the race?
Please refer to the PDF links below to review our weather policy and Emergency Action Plan.
- MiTi Inclement Weather Policy: CLICK HERE
- MiTi Emergency Action Plan: CLICK HERE
For more information about competing in Michigan Titanium please contact us here.